For those of you who want to use 2 USB headphones or mics at the same time on your computer, we are going to show you how to do it in this article. This is especially advantageous to people that regularly record audio. Just connecting the mics or headsets to your computer at once won’t do the trick. You need to know some little tweaks that we will show you in this article.
It is easier to connect a 3.5mm jack mic and a USB mic at once, but connecting 2 USB mics or headsets presents more of a challenge.
Table of Contents
- Use system resources
- Get an audio USB splitter
Solution 1. Use system resources
This method does not have a 100% success rate. It may or may not work, depending on a variety of factors. We have received positive feedback from other users that this method solved the problem for them. Here, you will have to replace your input device with a playback device. Once that is done, you can use two playback devices simultaneously without any problems. Also, you should note that the mics will not work in perfect sync and you may experience some input delay in the second microphone. Use the following steps to make two USB microphones or headsets work simultaneously on your computer:
- Right-click on the Sound icon on the right side of the taskbar and select Sounds.
- Go to the Playback tab and make the first headphones or mic your default playback device. To do this, right-click on the thing and select Set as default device.
- Now, navigate to the Recording tab.
- Right-click on the empty area and check the “Show disabled devices“ box.
- Right-click on Stereo Mix and enable it. If it is not present, then you need to install your latest Realtek sound drivers and codecs.
- Double-click on Stereo Mix to open its properties.
- Now, go to the Listen tab.
- Check the “Listen to this device” box and choose your second mic or headphones from the drop-down list.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and uncheck Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device box.
- Click OK and Apply to save the changes you have made.
- Once you are done, test your mics or headphones to see if they are working.
Solution 2. Get an audio USB splitter
If the method above did not help you, your next option is to get an audio USB splitter. There is a wide variety of USB splitters available on the market. This device is inexpensive, so you should not worry about the cost. With this device, you will be able to connect two USB mics or headsets simultaneously without much trouble.
Pro tip: Viruses are one of the main problems any Windows user has to fight on a daily basis
They can cause your computer to crash, delete important files from your system, and even give hackers access to the sensitive information that is on your computer. To help you in this fight, we suggest that you download and install Auslogics Anti-Malware. This tool will eliminate all the viruses and potential threats from your Windows OS. Furthermore, you will be able to schedule regular scans of your system to make sure that no viruses are present.
We hope that this article has shown you how to use dual USB headsets or mics on Windows. Share it with others who need such info.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions on this topic.