Cortana with a long list of artificial assistants is evolving and adding new features and commands, thanks to the new Window 10’s Fall Creators Update. One of the new things Cortana can do now is shut down your computer when you voice the command.
You just have to utter the words, “Hi Cortana, shut down my PC”, and your computer will shut down. There are also some commands that are not scripted but are important. For example, it would be really cool to know how to launch from Cortana. Imagine you just walking into the kitchen, and your computer boots up while you are making your morning cup of coffee.
There is a way to set your Cortana to do these kinds of things for you. In this article, we will show you how to use Command Prompt using Cortana.
Use these instructions to understand the process:
- Step 1. Open the File Explorer app. You can do that by pressing simultaneously the Windows shortcut key and the letter E on your keyboard.
- Step 2. Copy and paste this path into File Explorer:
- Step 3. Once your Start Menu has opened, you have access to the shortcuts Cortana uses when you give a command.
- Step 4. Right-click an empty space in the right pane of the window.
- Step 5. Choose New>Shortcut in the drop-down menu.
- Step 6. Type the command Prompt command that you want to be able to tell Cortana to do. For example, to put your computer to sleep, it’s this: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0
- Step 7. Click Next.
- Step 8. You will be able to name the command whatever you want. Make it so that you know what it stands for, like something you usually want to say for the command to work, for example: “Sleep Computer”.
- Step 9. Don’t forget to click Finish to signify that you are done with this command. Your new shortcut is created. If you want to check, access the Programs folder to see it.
- Step 10. Whenever you want to make your computer sleep, you now have to say: “Hi Cortana, Open Sleep Computer”, and your computer will go to sleep.
Of course, you might want to use your computer more efficiently, and for that, you need to always be aware of the way it is using the energy that you have. However, you can use a tool that was created especially for that reason. To find out what programs are taking too much CPU and how you can efficiently boost your computer’s processes that need to speedng up, use Auslogics BoostSpeed.