Internet Explorer has been in the background for a long time. Many users prefer using other third-party browsers, such as Chrome or Firefox. Internet Explorer had been the Windows operating system’s primary browser before the introduction of Microsoft Edge. Programmers and web developers still use Internet Explorer to test the websites that they are creating.
If you are an Internet Explorer fan, we will show you how to restore the last session in Internet Explorer.
This option can be used by system administrators on a single system to control other users. This gives you the power to restrict other users and make them start their Internet Explorer from the last session. When the administrator sets this option, regular users cannot change it.
Table of Contents
- Use Group Policy
- Edit the Windows Registry
- Use Internet Properties
Solution 1. Use Group Policy
- For the Windows 8 and 10 operating systems, you need to press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Input gpedit.msc in the search area and press Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Once in the Local Group Policy Editor window, navigate to User Configuration Administrative Templates Windows Components Internet Explorer Internet Control Panel General Page.
- Now, select Start Internet Explorer in the right pane of Local Group Policy Editor. This setting contains the tabs from your last browsing session.
- Double-click on it and select Enabled, then click Apply and OK. Now, close the Local Group Policy Editor and check to see the changes.
Solution 2. Edit the Registry
- Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box. Input regedit in the search area and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Now, navigate to KEY_CURRENT_USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Right-click on the Internet Explorer key and select New Key, then name the key ContinousBrowsing.
- Select the new Key you created and go to the window on the right. Right-click on the white space and select New DWORD value, name it as Enable. Now, edit the Value data to 1 to make the Internet Explorer start from the previous version.
Solution 3. Use Internet Properties
- Click on the Start or Home button and input “internet properties” in the search box, then select Internet Properties from the available results.
- Navigate to the General tab and select Start with tabs from the last session under the Startup option.
- Click OK to save the changes made.
Pro tip: viruses are a major concern for all Windows users. They can cause your computer to crash or decrease in performance. We cannot stress enough how important it is to keep viruses away from your computer. Not only do they decrease your PC’s performance, but they are also a means for hackers to access sensitive information on your computer. That is why we advise you to download and install Auslogics Anti-Malware. This tool will scan your computer for virus infections and eliminate them. You can also schedule regular scans to keep your PC always safe. For an antivirus to be effective, it needs to be able to keep all kinds of viruses out, both old and new. This tool’s virus definition is updated on a regular basis.
We hope that this article has shown you how to reopen the last browsing session in IE. Share this article with others who encounter the same issues.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions regarding the above topic.