You might have noticed that after changing your Windows 10 account picture, the Settings app will display three images as thumbnails. These are the three most recent images that were used in your Settings app.
If you want to learn how to delete an account picture from Windows 10, you will find out how in this article
If and when you wish to change anything in your account info, you should follow this pathway: Settings>User accounts>Your info. When changing the primary account picture, you might as well change the others that are selected by the recent use principle. However, this process is not that straightforward as one might think. See below how to get this done:
- Step 1. Open the File Explorer (you can do that by pressing the Win +E shortcut combination).
- Step 2. Copy and paste the following pathway into the address bar. Don’t forget to change the <Username> part to your current account name:
- Step 3. A folder will open with all the pictures that you’ve ever added to your account with the Settings app.
- Step 4. Here you can select any image and press the Delete key. That will put them into the Recycle bin, from where you can delete them.
- Step 5. Any pictures that you have from the old account in this folder will be shown as thumbnails in the “Your info section”.
After you’ve deleted the pictures, they will no longer appear as thumbnails. Problem solved!
As you can see, it’s not hard to learn how to delete an account picture from Windows 10 – you just need to know the exact place where to look for these pictures in your computer.