In this article, we are going to be showing you how to export your favorites into Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge is the new web browser that is replacing Internet Explorer, and comes with the Windows 10 operating system. Now, people will be upgrading or have already upgraded from either Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. One of the main issues when switching to another browser is transferring your favorites. In fact, this is one of the reasons why users are reluctant to change browsers.
In this case, you are switching to Windows Edge. This means that you have to bring all the favorites that you had on Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or whatever browser you were using over to Microsoft Edge.
To do this, use the following steps:
- Go to the taskbar and click on the Microsoft Edge icon to open it
- Click on the Hub icon (It is a semi-star with three horizontal lines). In the drop-down menu, you will see the Favorites, Reading list, Books, History, and Download tabs. The Favorites tab will be empty if you have not added any favorites yet.
- Now, click on the Settings and more icon (three dots represent it at the right side of the Microsoft Edge window).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and click Settings.
- Click Import favorites from another browser.
- Microsoft Edge will scan your computer for all the browsers which are installed on your computer. Now, select the browsers whose favorites you want to import into Microsoft Edge.
- Click on Import, and you will get a notification that the favorites have been imported.
- Now, you will be able to open all your favorites in Microsoft Edge.
Pro tip: If your computer is slower than before, i.e., it is taking a long time to load items or start up, then we are here to help
This problem is usually caused by junk files that have accumulated in your system over time. These files occupy space in your hard disk and are also vulnerable items which viruses can attack and cause more problems to your PC. Another reason why your computer is slow can be due to unnecessary apps running in the background. These apps take up most of your computer’s resources. To fix this problem, we recommend that you download and install Auslogics BoostSpeed. This tool will delete all the junk files in your system and disable all the background apps. You will notice a huge difference in the speed of your computer.
We hope that this article has shown you how to import favorites to Edge. Share it with others who need such information.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions regarding the above topic.