Microsoft has yet to devise a method to back up application data on Windows 8.1, 10. Unfortunately, you will have to take rather complex steps of a manual backup procedure. However, there is a way to back up your data through third-party software, the Windows 8 Apps Data Backup. It will allow you to back up your application data and also restore your apps in Windows 8.
The importance of performing a backup of your apps cannot be overstated. If your app becomes corrupted, you are running the risk of losing some sensitive data.
So, if you want to learn how to restore app data on Windows 10, read the article below
While Windows 8 Apps Data Backup can be a great tool to back up your app data, you might be experiencing some longer application startup times. You may need a disk fragmentation tool, and you can use Auslogics DiskDefragPro to ensure the best performance of an application on your PC. If you are looking for answers to the question:” How to back up my data on Windows?”, look no further: in the paragraph below you will find out how to back up your app data in a Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 PC.
- Step 1. Download the Windows Apps Data Backup program.
- Step 2. Open the program.
- Step 3. Close all your Metro apps.
- Step 4. Click on Backup to begin the process.
- Step 5. A list of all your apps will appear.
- Step 6. Check the checkbox corresponding to the app that you want to back up. You can also back up all your applications by simply checking the Select all box.
- Step 7. After choosing the apps, you can click the Backup Now button, and the program will start the process.
This tool will back up all your data as ZIP archives which will save you a lot of space. You will have the opportunity to create a pathway for the storage of your data after the backup process is finished. The handy thing about this method of backup is that you can restore this data whenever you might need it.
How to restore app data with Windows 8 Apps Data Backup:
- Step 1. Open the Windows 8 Apps Data Backup application.
- Step 2. Click Restore.
- Step 3. Provide the pathway to your ZIP backup files.
- Step 4. If the application you are trying to restore is installed on your computer, you will have the option to restore it, by clicking Restore Now.
- Step 5. Confirm the restore. The process will replace the existing files in the app with the ones that you have in your backup ZIP.
- Step 6. A pop-up message will alert you when the restore process is complete.
If you are not willing to use a third-party tool to back up your data, you can do it manually. All Metro apps’ data are stored in this location:
And the actual applications that you are using are stored here:
You can manually copy the data to a safe location and, if needed, replace the files that you had with the ones that you need to use.
Hopefully, this article helped you to back up apps data on a Windows computer.