Bluetooth has been around for a while now, and with the advancement of technology, it has become an integral part of most modern devices today. Knowing how to use it can be very important in the way you interact with your computer and other devices.
Many of our readers have been asking, “How can I change the Bluetooth name of a Windows 10 PC?” So, today we decided to address that question.
To view your Bluetooth adapter’s name, you need to follow these instructions:
- Press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Click on Devices from the list of options available.
- Navigate to Bluetooth and Other devices.
Before changing the name of your Bluetooth, you should understand that you cannot do it without changing the name of your PC. Your Bluetooth adapter automatically takes the name of your PC. So, to change your Bluetooth adapter’s name, you need to change the name of your computer.
In this article, we are going to show you how to change the name of a Bluetooth accessory. We will show you two methods, and you can use the one that is easier for you.
Method 1. Change the Bluetooth name in Settings
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Settings to open the Settings app.
- Now, click on Settings from the list of options available.
- Now, scroll down and select About on the left side of the window, then click Rename this PC.
- In the next window, input the new name for your PC/Bluetooth, then click Next.
- You will now be prompted to restart your computer. Make sure you save all your work, then click Restart.
- You can now see the new name of your computer and Bluetooth.
Method 2. Change your Bluetooth name in Control Panel
- Click on the Start or Home button and input control panel in the search box, then select Control Panel from the available results.
- In the Control Panel window, select System and Security (i.e., if you are using the Category view).
- In the next window, select System, then click on Advanced system settings. This will open the System Properties window.
- Now, navigate to the Computer Name tab and click the Change button.
- In the next window, edit the name of your computer to the one you want and click OK.
- You will now get a message prompting you to restart your computer.
- Once your computer is restarted, the name of your Bluetooth and computer will be changed.
Pro tip: Driver issues are among the leading problems users face when using their computers. When your drivers are missing, corrupted, or outdated, your computer will face lots of different non-specific problems. To avoid this, you need to always make sure that your drivers are up to date. That is why we recommend you to download and install Auslogics Driver Updater. This tool will scan your computer for missing, corrupt, or outdated drivers and install the manufacturer-recommended versions. It is a very fast and reliable way to get all the necessary driver updates. You do not need to know any specific information about the device whose driver you want to update because this tool does the job for you.
We hope that this article has given you the information you need. Share it with others who need such information.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions regarding the above topic.