“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important
as what you become by achieving your goals.”
Many users have reported to us and other support forums that they encounter a Binkw32.dll file missing error message. This error usually occurs when you are trying to run another application which requires the file during Windows startup or when you are trying to carry out a specific function. For example, this error can crop up when you try to run PC games with the Bink Video codec made by RAD Game Tools, Inc.
We have noticed that this error pops up when users are trying to run pirated or cracked games.
User have frequently asked, “what is the meaning of binkw32.dll?” Before we dive into the solutions, we will first give you a brief explanation of what the Binkw32.dll file is. This is a Dynamic Link Library file (DLL) which is connected to the Disney Fun and Skills Pack-Preschool- 1st Grade and produced by Encore Software Inc. This DLL file is used in the Windows operating systems. These types of files (i.e. DLL) permit multiple programs to perform the same task. Note that a lot of PC games use the Binkw32.dll file, that is why users most often encounter this error message when they are trying to run a game on their computer.
Here are some of the most common Binkw32.dll errors we have gathered based on the reports of users:
- “Cannot start Disney Fun & Skills Pack- Preschool-1st Grade. A required component is missing: binkw32.dll.”
- “Binkw32.dll not found.”
- “The file binkw32.dll is missing.”
- “Binkw32.dll Access Violation.”
- “Cannot register binkw32.dll.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\binkw32.dll.”
- “This application failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
You would need to note when this error message shows up because this information is vital when finding the solution to this problem. There are lots of factors that can promote this error to appear in your system, which we have pointed out below:
- Incorrect PC shutdowns
- Viruses could corrupt the Binkw32.dll file
- An invalid Binkw32.dll registry entry
- A bad sector on your hard drive, which corrupted the file
- You mistakenly deleted the file
All of these causes can be avoided, so we advise users to be more careful when using their computers. In the article, we are going to show you how to fix Binkw32.dll is missing errors on your PC. We always advise our users to create a backup of their important files before proceeding with any of the solutions. This is to make sure that your data can be restored if you make an error during the process that causes you to lose data.
Table of Content
- Use the Microsoft Register Server to manually register Binkw32.dll
- Fix invalid Binkw32.dll registry entries
- Restore Binkw32.dll from the Windows Recycle Bin
- Perform a full virus scan of your computer
- Update your drivers
- Perform a system restore
- Remove the Disney Fun and Skills Pack Preschool 1st Grade Program connected with Binkw32.dll from your PC and reinstall it
- Run the Windows System File Checker
- Check your PC for pending updates
Solution 1. Use the Microsoft Register Server to manually register Binkw32.dll
Games or software that use Binkw32.dll should automatically register the file when you install them on your PC. Unfortunately, some of them don’t, and that is why you get the Binkw32.dll error. In this case, you will have to register the file manually. Use the following steps to register the Binkw32.dll file:
- Right-click on your Start or Home button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the pop-up menu to run Command Prompt as an administrator
- When the Command Prompt window opens, input the following command: regsvr32 /u binkw32.dll and press Enter. This process will unregister the file
- Now, type in this command: regsvr32 /i binkw32.dll and press Enter. This command will re-register the file in your system
- Close the Command Prompt dialog box and try to run your program to see if the issue has been solved
Solution 2. Fix invalid Binkw32.dll registry entries
Problems in the Windows registry may cause the BInkw32.dll and other DLL errors. Multiple programs may use one Binkw32.dll file, and if they are uninstalled or edited, the DLL registry entries are sometimes left behind. This may cause errors when your computer is trying to access an invalid DLL file. You will need to repair these entries to fix this problem.
We recommend users to download and install Auslogics Registry Cleaner, which will automatically clean your registry and prevent unnecessary crashes and errors. This tool creates a backup every time you want to initiate a scan so that you always have the possibilities to revert the changes it has made. It also makes your PC to work at maximum performance.
Editing the registry values manually is a risky process, and we advise only professionals to use this method:
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Command Prompt (Admin). This will open the Command Prompt dialog box as an administrator
- When the Command Prompt box opens, input “regedit” and press Enter
- Choose the Binkw32.dll-related key you wish to back up in the Registry Editor. Now select Export from the File menu
- Choose the folder you wish to save the backup key to in the Save In list
- Type the name for your backup file in the File Name box
- Select Selected branch in the Export Range box and click Save
- Your backup file is now saved as a .reg file extension
Solution 3. Restore the Binkw32.dll file from the Recycle Bin
This method is valid if you accidentally deleted the file to the Recycle Bin. You have to check your Recycle Bin if the file is there:
- Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop
- If there are lots of files in your Recycle Bin, you will have to search for the file, using the search box at the upper right corner
- If it appears among the search results, right-click on it and select Restore.
- Once the file is restored, try to run your program again to check if the error persists
Solution 4. Perform a full virus scan of your computer
This is a very important step because viruses like to attack and mimic the actions of system files. If the Binkw32 file is corrupted by a virus, you will encounter the error. So, it is very important to have a good anti-virus program which can protect you against such infections. We recommend you to download and install Auslogics Anti-Malware. This tool automatically scans your computer for malicious and potentially malicious files. It also schedules scans on a regular basis. It permits users to surf the internet in a virus-free environment. The virus database of this software is updated on a regular basis so that it is able to pick up and protect you against newly created viruses.
Solution 5. Update your drivers
Updating your drivers may help you solve the Binkw32.dll missing error. It is very difficult to find the specific driver which is causing the problem, so we have provided you with a method which can find and download all the missing drivers on your PC. If you know the exact driver which is causing the problem, we also have solutions for you.
Method 1. Download and install Auslogics Driver Updater.
This is one of the fastest methods you will use to update all your drivers. This tool scans your computer for missing or outdated drivers and installs their manufacturer-recommended versions. It is very easy to use, and you can download all your drivers in just on click. Here is how to use this tool:
- Follow the link provided above to download the setup file
- Go to your download folder and run the setup file. This will open the Auslogics Driver Updater installer
- Choose your preferred language and select the Click to install and check drivers button
- When it finishes installing, it will automatically open the Diagnostics tab in the Auslogics Driver Updater software and begin scanning your PC for missing drivers
- When this is done, you will see a list of drivers you need to update on your PC
- Click Update all, and this software will update all your missing drivers
Method 2. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
This method requires you to know the name and version of the problematic driver. This is because if you install a wrong driver, the device will malfunction. Most of the drivers are located in the support section of the site. Driver manufacturers also develop support programs for their users to install on their computer. This software will notify the user if a driver needs updating and will also direct them to where download the driver.
Method 3. Update your drivers, using Device Manager
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Device Manager. This will open the Device Manager panel
- Navigate to the driver you wish to update, right-click on it and select Update driver
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software
- Windows will now search for the latest version of your driver and install it
Solution 6. Restore your PC to a previous date
Restoring your PC to a previous date will also help you with this issue. This is because this process will send your computer back to a time when this error had not occurred. Many users are concerned about their documents and personal data. They think that this process will cause them to lose data. Rest assured that this process will not affect your personal files and folders. It will only change system settings and system files. Note that this process can only be performed if you created restore points in the past. But sometimes, Windows automatically creates restore points when important changes want to occur on your computer. Use these steps to restore your PC:
- Click the Start or Home button and type recovery in the search box
- Choose Recovery from the list of available results. This will open the Recovery window in Control Panel
- Click Open System Restore and in the next window, click Next to proceed
- Now, you will see a list of restore points you can choose from. Select a date before the error occurred and click Next
- Follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the process
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and choose Settings. This will open the Settings app
- Select Update and Security from the list of options available
- Navigate to the Recovery tab and click Restart now under the Advanced startup option
- Your PC will automatically restart into the Choose an option screen
- Now, go to the following location: Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore
- Follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the process
Solution 7. Reinstall the Disney Fun and Skills Pack Preschool 1st Grade program
Remove the Disney Fun and Skills Pack Preschool 1st Grade program connected with Binkw32.dll from your PC and reinstall it.
This is a simple process to carry out. Use the following instructions to remove the program from your PC:
- Type control panel in your Start search box and press Enter. This will open Control Panel
- Click Uninstall a program under the Programs option
- Now, you will see the list of programs installed on your PC
- Navigate to the program you want to uninstall and select it, then click Uninstall
- This will remove the program from your PC
- Once the uninstallation is done, reinstall the program and check if the issue has been resolved
Solution 8. Run the Windows System File Checker
This is a built-in Windows tool which is used to check the integrity of system files and repair them if they are faulty. Use these steps to run the SFC scan:
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Command Prompt (Admin). This will let you open Command Prompt as an administrator
- Input sfc /scannow and press Enter
- This tool will scan your system and repair your Binkw32.dll file
- Close the window and try to run your program again
Solution 9. Check your PC for pending updates
Microsoft releases updates which may fix lots of problems with system files. You will need to download and install all your updates to fix this error. Usually, Windows updates are installed automatically, but they could be delayed or remain pending due to various reasons. To check if you have any updates, use the following steps:
- Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app
- Click Update and Security
- Navigate to the Windows Update tab and click Check for updates
- Windows will search for updates for your PC and download them
- Once this is done, run your program again to check if the problem persists
We hope that this article has solved your Binkw32 missing error. Share it with others who encounter similar errors.
We appreciate your ideas and comments.
We are ready to answer any of your questions regarding the above topic.