So, what is Game Mode in Windows 10? Nothing uses up CPU and GPU resources as much as video games. Game Mode optimizes your PC to give you a smooth gaming experience.
When you activate Game Mode, background tasks are disabled automatically. This transfers most of the system’s resources to the game, hence, improving its quality.
Unfortunately, there’s no option to manage Game Mode for individual games or applications. Here’s how to enable and disable Game Mode.
How to enable Game Mode for specific apps on Windows 10?
If you’re an avid PC gamer, you know that consistency is key. Game Mode prevents all the background processes, such as random antivirus scans, from disrupting your user experience while playing video games.
In other words, this mode gets rid of lag, especially if you’re using a modest PC to play games. Game Mode is only available in computers running Windows 10 version 1703 or later.
To find out the Windows version running on your PC, go to Start Menu, then type Winver, and press Enter. ‘About Windows’ will appear showing your Windows version and build.
To enable Game Mode for a specific app or game, ensure the Game Bar is turned on. Simply right-click the Start Menu, and go to Settings > Gaming > Game Bar. Click the toggle button to switch on Game Bar.
- Launch the game or app, and press Windows Key + G. If the message “Do you want to open the Game Bar?” appears, select Yes. This is a game option to bring up the Windows 10 Game Bar.
- Located on the right side is the Settings gear icon. Click on it to open the Game Bar settings.
- Under the General tab, check the box next to Use Game Mode.
That’s it. Now you can use Game Mode for that particular app or game.
How to disable Game Mode for specific apps on Windows 10?
Now that you know how to enable Game Mode, the next question on your mind must be “Can I disable Game Mode on Windows 10?” The answer is ‘yes’, and the process is even easier.
- With your app or game running, press Windows Key + G to launch the Game Bar.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Under the General tab, untick the box next to “Use Game Mode for this game”. This turns off Game Mode for that particular game or app.
To disable Game Mode for all apps or games:
- Go to Start Menu > Settings > Gaming.
- Navigate to Game Mode, and press the toggle button to turn it off.
To enjoy high-quality video games, your PC’s performance needs to be optimized. No other software does this better than Auslogics BoostSpeed. Not only does it allocate maximum resources to your active apps and games, but it also tweaks system settings to improve your computer’s speed.
The introduction of Game Mode in Windows 10 Creators Update is an exciting feature to enhance user experience while gaming.