“If you can tune into your purpose and align with it,
setting goals so that your vision is an expression of that purpose,
then life flows much more easily.”
― Jack Canfield
Forza Horizon 2 was one of Playground Games’ biggest achievements, and it was hard to think that they could create another game that would be better. Horizon 2 was a fantastic game with great graphics and could keep the player entertained for many hours. With Forza Horizon 3, everything thing has been made better, and lots of new features have also been added. Forza Horizon 3 pretty much gives you all the excitement and knowledge you want as a car enthusiast, and also as a gamer. The car selection is awesome. Users have the option to choose from a vast selection of cars. If you can’t find a car that you like, then you’re probably not a car enthusiast.
The sheer scale of Forza Horizon 3 is mind-blowing. The showcases have become a big part of the game. You will be able to race using everything from airships to jeeps. The addition of helicopters and fighter jets has made the game more interesting. The game is set in Australia, which has a lot of fascinating places to tour. You will be able to see places like the rainforest, Surfers Paradise, and the Australian outback. There’s anything and everything for everyone to do. When you drive through places like the rainforest, you’ll notice there’s moisture in the air and the roads are a little bit more slippery, and if it does rain, the traction is completely thrown off. When you transition from pavement to dirt, it’s a very jarring difference in how the game feels. It is good that there’s a lot of emphasis on off-roading in this game. This is evident when you’re in an off-roading area and in a vehicle that’s appropriate for it. It feels like a breeze, especially when you have rally tires. But when you use a race car or a normal sports car with inappropriate tires, you are going to notice the difficulty in steering, which is good to feel the traction difference in each vehicle.
Australia has a beautiful landscape which makes Forza Horizon 3 a much more interesting game. There are lots of places to view when driving around. A lot of things have returned from Horizon 2: from the speed cameras to the bucket list challenges. Barn finds are also back: finding the hidden cars adds more content to the game.
The radio stations are also great. The soundtrack of this game is incredible. Every radio station has really good music. There’s this one station called Future Classic that, if you play it at a certain time, will give you extra skill points, which is awesome. There are also a great day-night cycle and a lot of different weather cycles as well. Getting VIP is worth it because you will earn more from completing tasks, along with all the car parts. Also, you get DLC with the VIP package.
A new thing in Horizon 3 is perks. If you use the perk system, you will be able to upgrade your skills as the festival boss, and also get instant rewards for racing. And the rewards come in the form of credits, XP, or even winning an entirely new car. The auction houses are back! Here you can sell a car and also buy a car. When you need money fast, you can put your car on the auction house for a specific amount of credits, and it will be bought in no time.
A new system was introduced where you can build your car from scratch without spending any credits. This is important because it helps you to know the end-product of the car for you to decide if it is worth your time and money. It’s a much better system overall because it saves you time and money. Customization in this game is immense, and here, you can do the wide body kit that everybody wanted to do in the previous game. There are lots of customizations you can do to your car. The possibilities are endless. The number of car builds you can do in the game is pretty ridiculous. So, there is almost no limit to what you can do. However, some engines like the RB-26 are still really nerfed down, and we never understood why.
The story mode is pretty interesting in Horizon 3. In the first game of this franchise, the users just navigated the map, defeating bosses. The second one was kind of the same thing more or less, but you went from championship to championship. In Forza Horizon 3, you are the festival boss, and you have to hire other players who are your driver avatars, and also you need to gain fans. It is all about the fans in this game. The goal of it is to get as many fans as possible, to give you an excuse to expand your festival and make it bigger. This is very much like any other event in real life where your first event is always small, but then you expand over the years, except in this game, you do it over one summer. Getting more fans qualifies you for the next showcase, along with the bucket list challenges in the championships. Every single championship or even exhibition race, you can do what’s called your Blueprint. So, you can make your bucket list challenge and then share it to Xbox Live. So, anybody can make that bucket list. You can do drifting or speed camera challenge in whatever car; you can even choose the song you want to play with your bucket list challenge. The same goes for the championship races where you can set the number of laps, location, etc.
Online multiplayer, as always, is very fluid and easy to get into. All you have to do is go to your pause menu and hit Join, and all of the traffic and online players will sync around you. It is an ingenious system by Playground Games that needs to be implemented in more games online. Another cool feature in Forza Horizon is the co-op campaign. So, if you want to do that one race which is very difficult to beat, well, you can do it with a friend. It is a lot more laid-back. The co-op campaign puts the player in a very relaxing environment to get progress in your game. Everything you do online goes to your single-player campaign, which is fantastic.
Bonus, XP, fast travel boards are also present in the game. Unfortunately, they got rid of the upgrade system board. So, you will still have to pay the full price to upgrade your car, which is a little bit frustrating, but cheaper fast travel makes up for the cost of upgrading the car.
Problems with Forza Horizon 3
We have received lots of reports from players that their game keeps crashing while they are playing. We can imagine the frustration due to the amount of fun they get when playing. If you are one of those experiencing this problem, there is no reason to panic because that is the reason why we created this article. Here,
we are going to show you how to fix Forza Horizon 3 crashing on PC.
Why does Forza Horizon 3 crash on Windows 10 computers
? There are many reasons why you can be experiencing crashes. One of the most prominent reasons is the absence of updated drivers. So, you need to make sure you have installed all your drivers and that they are up to date.
We are going to give you some methods to try when you start experiencing crashes with Forza Horizon 3 on PC. Go through the solutions provided until you find the one that works for you.
Table of Contents
- Turn off your microphone when launching Forza Horizon 3
- Reset the game
- Remove the temporary files from the Forza Horizon 3 installation registry
- Make sure Forza Horizon is added to the exception list of your antivirus
- Download and install the latest version of your graphics driver
- Perform a clean boot
- Update your operating system to the latest version
- Reinstall the game
Solution 1. Turn off your microphone when launching Forza Horizon 3
If your microphone is enabled when launching Forza Horizon 3, it may cause the game to crash. To fix this problem, you will need to disable your microphone to stop the game from crashing. Here is how to disable your mic:
- Press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Click Privacy from the list of options available.
- Navigate to Forza Horizon 3 and toggle the mic off
- Restart your system and run the game again to check if the issue is fixed
Solution 2. Reset the game
Resetting Forza Horizon 3 will revert the game to its default settings. This makes sure that any setting which was making the game crash will be removed. Note that this process will not affect your documents. Use the following steps to reset your game:
- Click on the Start or Home button and select the gear icon in the Start menu to open the Settings app.
- Click on App from the list of available options.
- In the Apps and features tab, select Forza Horizon 3 and click Advanced options.
- In the next window, click Reset.
- When it is done, launch the game to play it again. You will not experience any crashes.
Solution 3. Remove the temporary files from the Forza Horizon 3 installation registry
If temporary files in your game’s installation directory are corrupted, you may start experiencing unwanted crashes. So, to stop this from occurring, it is better to delete the files before they become corrupted. Here is how to do it:
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Settings. This will open the Settings app.
- Click on System from the list of options.
- Navigate to the Storage tab and click This PC.
- Now, Click Temporary files. Check the Temporary files, Temporary Internet files, and Delivery Optimization files boxes. Then choose Remove files.
- Restart your operating system and launch your game to check if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 4. Make sure Forza Horizon is added to the exception list of your antivirus
Sometimes, your antivirus may detect some of your game files as a threat, thereby blocking them from functioning. To prevent this from occurring, you will need to add Forza Horizon to the exception list of your antivirus. If the issue is resolved, you should consider changing your antivirus. We recommend that you download and install Auslogics Anti-Malware. This tool will keep your computer safe, and it will not interfere with your game files. You will have no trouble with viruses because it scans your PC on a regular basis. It is also updated often to make sure that it keeps up with the newly created viruses.
Solution 5. Download and install the latest version of your graphics driver
Graphics drivers are one of the most important components when playing games. They help in the communication between the hardware (in the case, graphics card) and your operating system. When they are outdated or missing, none of your games will run properly. So, you need to keep all your drivers up to date. There are many ways to install or update your drivers, and we are going to show you some of the most effective:
Method 1. Download and install Auslogics Driver Updater
This tool makes installing or updating your drivers super easy. You will be able to install all your drivers in just one click. It constantly checks your system for outdated or missing drivers and installs the latest manufacturer-recommended ones. You do not need to worry about downloading the wrong driver because it does all the work for you.
Method 2. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s site.
This is a safe way to download your drivers. You will often find the drivers in the support section of the site. The only problem with using this method is you will need to know the name and version of the device whose driver you want to install. This is because if you install the wrong driver, it may cause further problems for the operating system. Manufacturers have solved this problem by creating clients which, when installed in your system, will detect missing and outdated drives and guide you to the correct driver which is needed.
Method 3. Install the drivers from Device Manager
Device Manager is a built-in system tool used for checking the status of devices installed on your system. This tool can also be used to install your drivers.
- Right-click on the Start or Home menu and select Device Manager.
- Once the window opens, navigate to Display adapters and expand it. Here, you will see the graphics device which is installed on your PC.
- Right-click on it and select Update driver.
- Chose the option to download and install the driver from the internet when the next window appears.
- Now, the best driver for your device will be downloaded and installed.
Solution 6. Perform a clean boot.
Performing a clean boot has proven to solve this issue for many players. This is a troubleshooting technique which helps you to detect if any of your startup programs or services is causing your game to have problems. Use the following steps to perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows logo key + R on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Input msconfig in the search area and press Enter. This will open the System Configuration window.
- Navigate to the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services box, then click Disable all.
- Now, select Open Task Manager from the Startup tab. When the Task Manager opens, disable all the items you see on the list.
- Go back to the System Configuration window, click Apply and OK to save the changes you made.
- Now, restart your PC and relaunch your game. If the issue is solved, go back to System Configuration and start enabling the services one by one until you find the culprit. Once the culprit is found, you can disable it permanently or uninstall it from your system.
Solution 7. Update your operating system to the latest version.
Sometimes, your game can crash because of incompatibility with your operating system. So, you need to keep your system up to date to avoid this problem. Typically, Windows automatically downloads and installs the necessary updates for your system. But for some reason, it may be delayed or does not occur at all. So, you will need to find and install the updates manually. Here is how to do it:
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and click Settings. This will open the Settings app.
- Click Update and Security from the list of options.
- Now under the Windows Update tab, select Check for updates.
- Windows will now look for the required updates for your system and install them.
- Restart your PC and relaunch your game to check if the error persists.
Solution 8. Reinstall your game
This is the last resort when you have tried all the fixes above and none of them worked. You will need to reinstall your game, and here is how to do it:
- Click the Start or Home button and type Forza Horizon 3 in the search box.
- Now, right-click on it among the search results and select Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Click Uninstall in the next dialog box that appears.
- Now that the game is uninstalled, go to the Microsoft store, search for Forza Horizon 3 and reinstall it.
- Hopefully, this solves the crashing problem.
Recommendation: one of the most annoying issues that can occur with your computers is lagging. If you are experiencing this issue, then you understand what I am talking about. When your computer is slow, it is almost impossible to do anything with it. That is why we recommend you to download and install Auslogics BoostSpeed.This tool cleans your system of all the junk files which are hiding in folders and also disables unnecessary services or programs which may be draining your system’s resources. This is going to increase the speed of your computer exponentially.
We hope that this article has shown you how to fix the crash issue in Forza Horizon 3. Share it with others who need similar info.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions regarding the above topic.