When Windows reports the X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing error, it means there’s an issue with Microsoft DirectX. The error appears in various forms, and you may see one of the following X3DAudio1_7.dll errors:
- The file X3daudio1_7.dll is missing.
- X3DAudio1_7.dll Not Found.
- X3DAudio1_7.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this.
- The program can’t start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.
The x3daudio1_7.dll error appears only when you start a game or another graphics-intensive application using DirectX components. Likewise, the error can happen during gameplay when the application is trying to access a DirectX module.
The x3daudio1_7.dll file is part of the DirectX package, and some of the most common causes of the x3daudio1_7.dll is missing or not found error include:
- A malware infection.
- A corrupt X3DAudio1_7.dll file.
- Deletion of the x3daudio1_7.dll file by mistake or intentionally by another program.
When you encounter this issue, it means you can’t start or use that particular program. The good news is that today’s post shows you how to fix the x3daudio1_7.dll not found issue on Windows 10.
How to fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing error
Method 1: Reinstall the program
As the error message states, you can try reinstalling the faulty application to fix the x3daudio1_7.dll is missing error. Here’s how to do it:
- Press the Windows Key+R on your keyboard simultaneously to launch the “Run” dialogue box.
- Type appwiz.cpl, and hit Enter or click OK. Alternatively, you can launch the Control Panel from the “Start” menu and click “Uninstall a program”.
- Right-click the problematic program, and select “Uninstall”.
- Click “Yes” if prompted.
- When the uninstallation process is complete, restart your PC.
- Reinstall the program to see if the x3daudio1_7.dll missing problem is fixed.
Method 2: Install the latest DirectX version
What if the x3daudio1_7.DLL file is missing in the DirectX package? Downloading and installing the newest version may be the solution. For the safety of your computer, install the x3daudio1_7.DLL file only from Microsoft’s official page.
To do this:
- Open the Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer page and select the latest version of the application.
- Download the file and double-click it to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and click “Finish” when the installation is complete.
- Start the application that caused the x3daudio1_7.DLL file is missing error to check if it functions properly.
Method 3: Update your graphics drivers
Corrupt or outdated drivers might be responsible for the x3daudio1_7.dll error, and updating video card drivers can solve the issue. Follow these steps to update the drivers:
- Right-click “Start” and select “Device Manager”. Alternatively, launch “Run” by pressing the Windows Key+R, and then type devmgmt.msc.
- Select “Display adapters” to expand it.
- Right-click the graphics card, and select “Update driver”.
- Select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option to allow Windows to install the latest driver version.
- Restart your PC and check if the x3daudio1_7.dll not found issue has been resolved.
Method 4: Scan your computer
There’s a high chance that a malware infection is causing the x3daudio1_7.DLL not found error in Windows 10. Malicious software can damage, delete or corrupt DLL-related files such as the x3daudio1_7.dll.
For guaranteed malware removal, we recommend installing Auslogics Anti-Malware, the trusted top-tier protection tool against virus infections and data breaches. The program performs a deep scan to check each file installed on your computer individually to identify items that might cause security threats.
The Auslogics Anti-Malware tool is easy to use and doesn’t conflict with your PC’s antivirus. It even allows you to schedule automatic scans to ensure your computer is protected 24/7. The tool analyzes each program that you install to make sure it’s safe. In return, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that malicious applications don’t have a chance of infecting your files.
Method 5: Copy the x3daudio1_7.dll file from another computer
Another quick fix is to copy the file from another computer with the same operating system as yours. Remember, both Windows versions must be similar for the trick to work. For instance, if you have a Windows 10 32-bit Operating System, then you’ll have to find a computer running the same operating system.
To quickly check your CPU type on a Windows 10 PC, open File Explorer and right-click “This PC”. Select “Properties” and you’ll see information about your system type and Windows edition.
When you find a computer with a similar operating system, you will need a flash drive for file transfer. Here’s what you should do:
- Press the Windows Key+E to launch File Explorer on the other PC.
- Locate C:\Windows\System32, and then copy the x3daudio1_7.dll file to your flash drive.
- On your computer, open the same location, that is, C:\Windows\System32, and paste the file there.
- Launch the application that caused the error to check if it is fixed.
Method 6: Run Windows System File Checker
Windows allows you to scan for and replace corrupt system files, such as the x3daudio1_7.dll, using the System File Checker tool. The Windows built-in tool scans your computer and tries to automatically fix all the issues affecting your system files.
To use System File Checker:
- Right-click the “Start” menu, and select Command Prompt (Admin). Alternatively, press the Windows Key and type in command prompt. Right-click the first result titled “Command Prompt”, and select “Run as administrator”.
- Select “Yes” if prompted.
- Type sfc /scannow, and press “Enter”.
- System File Checker will start scanning your PC to find and fix system file errors such as the x3daudio1_7.dll not found error. This process may take a while, and you should not disrupt it.
- If Windows finds any errors, follow the on-screen instructions to fix them.
As always, it’s important to ensure that you constantly update your Windows as well as device drivers. This simple but crucial step will go a long way in preventing and fixing the X3DAudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors in Windows 10.
Additionally, use a reliable malware protection tool to safeguard your computer against malicious intruders trying to sabotage your files or data.