Smite is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game developed by Hi-Rez Studios and released in its full version in 2014. The beta version was released in 2012.
With the increasing popularity of this game, users have begun experiencing errors. Many users have reported about missing DLL files and the error 0xc0007b. There is no need to worry because we are going to show you how to get rid of Smite crashes. Here are some of the questions users have asked us:
How to fix Unable to connect to server in Smite on Windows? – This issue can arise due to your antivirus. Also, you need to check your Internet connection and make sure it works properly.
What if Smite won’t launch on Windows 10? – Missing DLL files can be the reason why Smite won’t start on your PC. To fix this problem, you need to install Visual C++ redistributables.
What if Smite crashes on my PC – System updates can also cause Smite to crash on your PC. To fix this problem, you need to find the exact update and uninstall it.
How to fix Smite wrong or missing configuration – This problem can result from the corruption of your Smite installation files. To fix it, you need to reinstall the game.
Table of Contents
- Check your antivirus
- Check that your Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service is running
- Reinstall the game and the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable on your PC
- Install Smite, using Steam
- Transfer the msvcp110.dll and msvcr100.dll files to the SysWow64 folder
- Uninstall the updates for Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86
- Create a different user account
- Run the Smite on a single monitor
- Make sure that the game is installed on your SSD drive
Solution 1. Check your antivirus
Many users have reported that the most common cause for Smite issues is your antivirus. It protects your system from invading viruses. It also helps to keep hackers away from your sensitive information. The anti-virus has a very vital role to play when it comes to protecting your system. Unfortunately, sometimes your antivirus can also detect your game files as foreign or a potential threat. In this case, it will block the files from functioning, and therefore your game will not be able to run properly.
To fix this problem, you will have to disable your antivirus. If this does not help, then you have to uninstall it permanently. Note that uninstalling the antivirus permanently will leave your system vulnerable to all kinds of attacks. That is why we advise users to switch to Auslogics Anti-Malware. This tool will not interfere with your game files. Also, you will be able to surf the Internet in a very safe environment. The strength of an antivirus comes from its ability to detect all sorts of viruses. For it to be able to detect new viruses, it needs to be updated on a regular basis. Auslogics Anti-malware keeps its virus definition always updated.
Solution 2. Check that your Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service is running
Other users have also reported that they are unable to install Smites on Windows 10. If you’re experiencing this problem, you should enable Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service. Use the following steps to do that:
- Press the Windows logo Key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Input services.msc in the search area and press Enter. This will open the Services window.
- Find the Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service on the list, right-click on it and choose Start.
- Once this is done, try installing Smite again.
Solution 3. Reinstall the game and the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable on your PC
You know that any issue with your Smite installation files or Visual C++ Redistributable can result in your game not functioning. To fix this problem, we suggest that you reinstall Smite and the Visual C++ components.
To begin, you need to uninstall Smite from your PC. Here is how to do it:
- Click on the Start or Home button and input Control Panel in the search box. Now, select Control Panel from the list of results.
- In the Control Panel box, select Uninstall a program. This will take you to another window where you will find all the programs which are installed in your system.
- Click on Smite and select Uninstall. This will remove Smite from your system. Note that you still have to go into Program Files and remove the remnant files which are left behind after the installation. If you do not want to do this, then it is preferable to use a third-party uninstaller.
Once the uninstallation is done, use the following instructions to install the Visual C++ Redistributable:
- Go to Google and search for Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable, click on the result, and you will be directed to the Microsoft official page, where you will download the setup file.
- When the download is completed, run the file to install it on your PC.
- When the installation is done, install Smite again and check if the problem is resolved.
Also, you can check in the setup folder of Smite; most games already have the Visual C++ setup files.
Solution 4. Install Smite, using Steam
If you are encountering the 0x00007b error every time you try to run Smite, we suggest that you should download the game from the Steam client. We have many reports from other players who confirm that this process solved the issue for them.
Solution 5. Transfer the msvcp110.dll and msvcr100.dll files to the SysWow64 folder
Another solution for the 0x00007b error is to transfer the msvcp110.dll and msvcr100.dll files to the SysWow64 folder. Download the 32-bit versions of the DLL files and move them to the SysWow64 directory. Once the files are moved, check if your game is working correctly.
Solution 6. Uninstall the updates for Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86
You should use this solution if you are experiencing the MSVCR100.dll or MSVCP.dll error. To uninstall the updates, use the following steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + I on the keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Click on Update and Security from the list of available options.
- Now, navigate to the Windows update tab and click View installed update history.
- Select Uninstall updates.
- Now, look for the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable updates and uninstall them.
- Once they are uninstalled, check if your problem has been resolved.
Solution 7. Create a different user account
Your user account can also be the cause of the Smite issues. We have received many reports that creating a new user account can solve the problem. So, we will show you how to create a new user account in Windows 10:
- Press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Click on Accounts from the options available.
- Go to the Family and other people tab and click Add someone else to this PC.
- Now select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Choose Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Now, input all the credentials of the new account and click Next.
- Once the new account is created, log into it and start playing your game. You should not encounter any issues.
Solution 8. Run the Smite on a single monitor
We have also received reports from other players that running the game in dual-monitor mode can result in crashes. So, if you are having another monitor connected, you should disable it before playing Smite.
Solution 9. Install the game on an SSD drive
Your hard drive may also cause you to experience freezing issues when playing Smite. If you notice that your hard drive increases in activity when running Smite, then that should be the first sign. We suggest that you get an SSD drive which has better performance to fix this problem.
We hope that this article has shown you how to fix the Smite doesn’t launch error. Share it with others who experience such issues.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions regarding the above topic.