Do you frequently burn CDs/DVDs? And have you ever encountered the Power Calibration error during the process? In Windows 10, this is a fairly common occurrence, and in this article, we will suggest a few fixes for this issue. You can apply all the fixes. The problem is, not all of them are helpful in your scenario.
So, what is the Power Calibration error in Nero? This is an error that mainly occurs during the writing of a CD or DVD, and it has to do with the writing speed that is not set correctly. While this error will not break the CD, unfortunately, after it, you will not be able to use the CD a second time. It’s because of that it’s important to resolve this issue the first time it occurs in order to avoid waste of CDs in the future.
How to fix the Power Calibration error while burning a disk?
There are several options that you can apply to your computer in order to resolve this issue:
Option 1. Customize your Nero software settings
Make sure that the Nero Burning Rom software that you are using is updated to the latest version. It should also be compatible with your operating system. You can look online for the new update. Follow this instruction to ensure that no disk will be wasted again because of the Power Calibration error:
- Step 1. Once you have downloaded the Nero software, double-click on the NeroSmartStart icon.
- Step 2. Navigate to Extras and then Control Drives Speed.
- Step 3. The Nero DriveSpeed window will open, and there you can select the Options tab.
- Step 4. Check two boxes: Run at startup and Start minimized.
- Step 5. Uncheck the Restore speed settings on startup feature. Now you will be able to select the correct burning speed for the CD or DVD.
- Step 6. Click OK to save the changes and restart your computer.
- Step 7. In the main window in Nero DriveSpeed, left-click on “Read speed”, then select the appropriate speed for the CD burning according to its capabilities. You will have to adjust the speed every time you are trying to burn a CD, but you will get rid of the Power Calibration error.
NB: Use a lower burning speed. This might take up more of your time, but at least you will not be wasting any CDs.
Option 2. Cleaning your disk drive can help you avoid many problems, including the Power Calibration error
In fact, the hardware of the disk drive may have been contaminated by dust particles, and since the equipment is quite delicate, you may be experiencing problems due to that.
Option 3. Turn off the IMAPI Service
This service could be causing some interference during the burning process, and it’s easier to just turn it off.
Here is how:
- Step 1. Follow this pathway: Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.
- Step 2. Navigate to IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service > right-click on it> Properties.
- Step 3. Select Startup Type and set that to Disabled.
- Step 4. Burn the CD again and see if the error is gone.
Option 4. Use different CD burning software
A possible cause of the Power Calibration error could be Nero itself. If you have tried all the options above and you are still experiencing the error, we suggest installing new CD or DVD burning software that is compatible with your computer. Search online for recommendations on compatibility for your computer and operating system.
Hopefully, from this article, you have learned how to get rid of Power Calibration errors on Windows 10 and why they occurred in the first place. If you are experiencing longer application startup times in general, you should consider using Auslogics DefragPro, a tool that was specially created to deal with these kinds of issues.