“All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.”
— Michael John Bobak
Conventional PCI, often written or known as PCI, is a default computer bus for connecting hardware devices to a PC. PCI is the abbreviation for Peripheral Component Interconnect and is a constituent of the PCI Local Bus standard. The PCI bus assists the functions of the processor bus but in a standardized way that does not rely on any specific processor’s native bus.
SD cards, cameras, and Intel Turbo Memory are the devices often related to PCI Memory Controller. So, if it has issues, some of these devices will not function properly on your PC.
In this article, we are going to show you how to install PCI memory controller driver on windows 10. We advise you to try all the methods one by one until you find the solution to the problem:
Method 1. Update the PCI Controller Driver from Device Manager.
If you have noticed, there is always a small triangle beside this driver in Device Manager. It is sometimes difficult to update this driver because the manufacturer is unknown. Use the steps below:
- Press Windows Key + S to open the Start menu search box, type in device manager and press Enter.
- This will open Device Manager panel.
- Right-click on PCI Simple Communications Controller under Other devices and select Properties.
- Go to the General tab and select the Update Driver button.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software in the next window.
- Windows will search for the drivers on your computer and on the internet and install them.
Method 2. Find the drivers using the driver’s hardware ID.
Sometimes Windows will fail to provide you with the correct drivers for the device. If Windows fails to update your PCI Simple Communication Controller driver, you need to use its hardware ID to find the right driver. All your computer devices have their own ID, including PCI Simple Communication Controller. Here is how to find the hardware ID of your device:
- Press the Start or Home button.
- Type device manager in the search box and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right-click on PCI Simple Communication Controller and choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Details tab. Under the Property option, select Hardware ids.
- Right-click on the ID and select Copy. When there is more than one ID, copy the longest.
- Paste the ID you copied in the browser you are using and press Enter to search. Select the link at the top of the list because they are usually the right results. Open the link and follow the instructions on the website to download the driver.
Method 3. Use Auslogics Driver Updater.
This is one of the easiest ways to download and install all of your outdated drivers. This tool will scan your PC for drivers your computer needs and download them from the internet. It will install the manufacturer-recommended versions of your drivers with just one click. When all of your drivers are installed, it makes your computer work at optimum performance without crashes or errors.
Method 4. Visit the PCI Database on the internet.
This is a very effective way to search for the precise PCI Simple Communication Controller driver. This website will help you identify all the unknown PCI devices in your computer. No special software is required for this process.
- Right-click on the Start or Home button.
- Select Device Manager in the pop-up menu
- This will open the Device Manager panel.
- Navigate to PCI Simple Communication Controller, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Details tab and choose Hardware ids.
- This will display the full ID of your PCI device.
- Now you need to copy the four characters after VEN_ and DEV_
- When you visit the website provided above, you will see a search box for Vendor and Device.
- Paste the four characters you copied after VEN_ in the Vendor search box and repeat the same thing for DEV_ and click Search.
- Choose the search result that corresponds to your DEV_ and VEN_
- Click on the Vendor name of the device, and it will take you to the manufacturer’s website.
- You can now download the exact driver for your device from their Support section.
- Open the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
We hope that this article has solved your PCI issues. Share with others who encounter similar problems.
We appreciate your ideas and comments.
We are ready to answer any of your questions regarding the above topic.