One of the most annoying errors that your system can experience is the Msvcp100.dll missing error. A window will pop up saying that “The program can’t start because msvcp100.dll is missing from your computer”. But don’t worry: with our guide, you will have all the fixes needed to resolve this issue.
So, let’s start with learning about what is the msvcp100.dll missing error? There are several reasons why your computer may be experiencing this problem:
- This problem usually occurs when Windows is first starting up or shutting down.
- This problem will appear when you are installing or using a certain application.
- This problem can also present itself when you are installing a new Windows version.
Obviously, this problem has something to do with the programs you are installing or overall security of your computer. Most likely, some important files are missing and you need to find the source of the error and replace the files. Be advised that whenever your system is trying to warn you of some error, you must make sure that all your important systems are running correctly, your antivirus is up to date and your sensitive information is safely backed up.
So how to fix the msvcp100.dll missing problem on Windows 10?
Below you will find the possible fixes for your issue. Depending on the individual resolution of the problem and what, in fact, led to your system developing this error, you will need to adjust your way of dealing with this issue.
Solution 1. Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Package MFC Security Update
- Step 1. Use the Windows logo key and access the Control Panel.
- Step 2. Select the view type to be ‘Category’ and click the Uninstall a program link under Programs.
- Step 3. Navigate to Microsoft Visual C++ and check what version you have installed on your computer. Select the latest and click Uninstall on the top of the tab window.
- Step 4. Repeat this uninstall function with all the other Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable programs that you have on your device.
- Step 5. Next, download and install the Visual C++ redistributable 2015 Redistribution Update 3 from Microsoft.
- Step 6. The installation wizard will take you through the process. Make sure to reboot your computer after the installation is complete.
Solution 2. Running an SFC command is a great idea, especially if you are not a very experienced user
This built-in troubleshooter will most likely identify the missing files and replace them automatically. Follow the instructions below to complete the process:
- Step 1. Use the Win key and X shortcut to open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Step 2. If asked for permission, click Yes and continue.
- Step 3. Type the following command into the command prompt and hit Enter:
- Step 4. Let the scanning finish the process. The missing or corrupted files in your system will now be replaced or repaired.
- Step 5. Restart your computer. Your issue should be solved.
Solution 3. Running a virus scan can also shed light on the possible culprit of this error
Malware infection also puts your computer at great risk of file corruption. You must always have a good anti-malware tool that is compatible with your antivirus for double protection. We suggest using Auslogics Anti-Malware as a possible solution for your system. This tool was specially created to prevent these hidden malware attacks and will stand to guard your system 24/7.
Hopefully, from this article, you have found out how to fix the msvcp100.dll missing problem on Windows 10 and you are now running a problem-free computer.