The HP Accelerometer is a software component of HP 3D DriveGuard. If you have encountered errors with the HP Accelerometer, this article is what you need. In this article, we are going to show you how to fix the HP Accelerometer error after Windows 10 update.
Solution 1. Uninstall the HP 3D DriveGuard driver
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Device Manager.
- Navigate to the HP 3D DriveGuard driver, right-click on it and select Uninstall device.
- You will get a warning message which informs you that you are about to uninstall the device;select Uninstall to proceed.
- Now, restart your PC.
- Once your PC is restarted, Windows will automatically install the device with the correct and updated drivers
Solution 2. Update your device drivers
Method 1. Download and install Auslogics Driver Updater
This tool is one of the best tools which you can use to update your drivers automatically. It is very easy and fast to use and will update all the drivers in just one click. It checks your computer for missing or outdated drivers and installs the manufacturer-recommend versions. Another good thing about Auslogics Driver Updater is that you do not have to worry about downloading the wrong driver. You do not even need to know the name or version of the device whose driver you want to update. Here is how to download and install Auslogics Driver Updater:
- Follow this link to download the setup file to your computer.
- When the download is complete, run the setup file to begin the installation process.
- When the installation is done, the Auslogics Driver Updater software will open automatically and start scanning your PC for missing drivers.
- Once it is done, you will be able to update all the missing drivers it has found.
Method 2. Download the graphics drivers from the manufacturer’s site
This is also a good way to get your graphics driver. In this case, you need to go to HP’s website. You will find the drivers in the support section of the site. Once on the website, you will have to select your operating system and its architecture. Now, you will be able to see the HP 3D DriveGuard driver. Note that downloading and installing the wrong driver version may not work. Once the driver is downloaded, navigate to the download folder and run the setup file. Finish the installation by following the instructions of the wizard. When it is completed, you will not experience the problem again.
Pro Tip: It is possible to fix many PC issues by using the PC Repair tool. PC Repair is easy to use and reliable Windows optimization software developed to fix hundreds of system issues.
Method 3. Update the HP 3D DriveGuard, using Device Manager
The Device Manager gives you information about all the devices which are installed on your PC. If you want to know if a device is working properly or not, you should go to Device Manager. Usually, when a device is not functioning properly, you will see a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark beside it. Using the Device Manager, you will be able to download and install your drivers. Use the following steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + X on the keyboard and select Device Manager from the pop-up menu.
- In the Device Manager window, you will see the list of devices installed on your PC.
- Right-click on HP 3D DriveGuard and select Update driver.
- In the next window, choose the option to search and download the driver from the internet.
- Windows will now download and install the best driver for your device.
Solution 3. Update your Windows operating system
Microsoft often releases updates for your operating system These updates are to improve your operating system or add new features to it. Also, they include useful files such as driver updates. If you are using Windows 10, the updates are supposed to be downloaded and installed automatically, but sometimes they may be delayed due to geographical reasons. So, it is up to you to force your operating system to download and install the available updates by manually initiating it. Here is how to do it:
- Press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Click on Update and Security from the available options.
- Navigate to the Windows update tab and click Check for updates.
- Windows will now look for the available updates for your system and install them.
- Hopefully, they contain the HP 3D DriveGuard driver updates.
We hope that this article has resolved the HP Accelerometer app not working problem. Share it with others who experience similar issues.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions regarding the above topic.