Some users report having issues with their Generic USB Hub driver, which can be very annoying. But you have come to the right place – in this article, we will show you how to fix the Can’t detect USB Hub on a PC issue. If you are looking for ways to update your Generic USB driver for your USB Hub device, you are also in luck – read below to learn how to handle common issues with Generic USB Hub driver.
So, how to update Generic USB Hub driver?
You have two possible options: you can either update the driver manually or employ a special tool. We will provide details for each of these methods.
Method 1. Updating your Generic USB Hub driver manually
It’s possible to follow these instructions even without a technical background:
- Step 1. Use your Windows logo key and the R key, press them simultaneously to use the Run box.
- Step 2. Type in ‘devmgmt.msc’ and click OK.
- Step 3. Navigate to the Universal Serial Bus controllers. Expand the category.
- Step 4. Right-click the Generic USB Hub device (can also be displayed as the Unknown device) and select Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5. Next, select the option to automatically search for updated driver software.
- Step 6. Follow the instructions on your screen to finish this updating process.
- Step 7. After you have successfully updated your drivers, you shouldn’t have any more problems with Generic USB Hub driver.
However, if you are unsure after the detailed instructions above or you just need to update several drivers, you might find the next method more helpful.
Method 2. Get Auslogics Driver Updater and automate the entire process of updating your drivers
If unupdated drivers are your primary concern, you might want to get a tool that was specially created to deal with issues like this. It is imperative to always have the drivers up and running correctly because your hardware is useless without drivers connecting it to software. You also have to check the status of all drivers after you update your operating system.
Auslogics Driver Updater will automatically scan for the drivers that need updates, recognize their serial numbers and versions, and then look for the appropriate updates at the manufacturer’s website. After this, the tool will automatically install the updates in background mode and schedule the next update for the future. This tool will save you a lot of time and hassle, so we suggest investing today.