The Dragon Ball animation has millions of fans all over the world. It is one of the most popular Japanese anime franchises in the world. The Dragon Ball FighterZ game did not need to do much to gain popularity. Many of the anime fans were attracted to the game’s concept and immediately immersed themselves into it. This made the game very popular within a short period.
Meanwhile, Dragon Ball FighterZ has been widely criticized for the “Failed to initialize network” error. Many players said that the game was unplayable due to this error, and it is very frustrating since the cause is usually unknown. Do not worry if you encounter this error. You have come to the right place. We are going to show you how to fix Dragon Ball FighterZ failed to initialize network.
Before we begin, let us first talk about the causes of the “failed to initialize network” error in Dragon Ball FighterZ
There are many situations which can cause the Failed to initialize network error to pop up. The goal is to find these situations and try to fix them. The problem can come from the game itself or your computer. Sometimes, the game servers may be down, and this will lead to the error. Many users complained about this problem when the game was just in the early stages of its release when the servers were unstable. Also, your computer’s internet connection can also be down for some reason. So, you will need to make sure that your internet connection is up and running.
Here are some of the solutions we have compiled for you. Make sure you go through all of them until you find the one that works for you.
Table of Contents
- Identify the main cause of the problem
- Reset your network settings
- Make sure that your network card driver is updated
- Update your operating system
- Perform a system restore
Solution 1. Identify the main cause of the problem
The best way to solve this error is to identify the reason why it is occurring. Most often, when the Dragon Ball FighterZ servers are down or under maintenance, you will encounter this error message, which makes the game unplayable. In this case, you can contact the Dragon Ball FighterZ support to get more information about the error and when it will be resolved. You can also visit gaming forums to check if other users are having the same issue. If you are not the only one having the error, then it is a problem of the servers, and all you have to do is wait and keep trying until the error is fixed.
If you find out that other users don’t have the same problem, then you will have to suspect that the error is coming from your computer. In this case, you will have to contact your Internet Service Provider to find out if there are any issues with your connection.
Also, make sure that you are using a wired connection to play the game. Wireless connections are usually unstable and are not good for playing games.
Another thing to do is change your region to see if it will help. To do this, use the following steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Once the Settings app is opened, click on the Time and Language option.
- In the next window, select the Region and language tab, then you can change your region to what you want.
- Now, check and see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2. Reset network settings
You can also suspect that the problem is with your network settings just by looking at the name of the error. In this case, you will need to check your network settings. Also, you will need to make sure that your network connections are working. If your internet is working fine and you still have the Dragon Ball FighterZ error, then you have to reset your network settings. To do this, use the following instructions.
For Windows 10 users:
Press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Now, select Network and internet from the available options.
- Under the Status tab, scroll down and click Network reset, then click the Reset now button.
- In the next windows, click Yes to confirm.
- You now need to follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the process.
- Once you are done, restart your PC, connect it to Ethernet, and check if your game works.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click the Start button and input cmd in the search box, right-click cmd and select Run as administrator.
- This will open the Command Prompt window. Now, input netsh winsock reset in Command Prompt and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Now, wait for the process to complete. Once it is over, you will see a message confirming that the process was completed successfully.
- Exit the Command Prompt window and restart your computer.
- When your computer starts, launch the game and check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 3. Make sure that your network card driver is up to date
Drivers are a very important component of your computer. They facilitate the communication between your hardware and the operating system. If the drivers are missing, corrupt, or outdated, your devices will not function well, and in this case, your internet connection will not work. That is why we are going to show you how to update all of your drivers.
Method 1. Download and install Auslogics Driver Updater
This tool will scan your computer for drivers that are corrupt or missing and download the best and latest drivers from the manufacturer. This method is very reliable, and it saves you a lot of time because you will be able to install all your drivers in just one click. One of its advantages is that it is very simple to use. Here is how to use this tool.
- You can get the setup file from the link provided above
- Go to your download folder and double-click on the setup file to run it. This will open the Auslogics Driver Updater installer
- Now, choose your preferred language and select the Click to install and check drivers button.
- nce it finishes installing, the Diagnostics tab in the Auslogics Driver Updater software will automatically open and begin checking your PC for missing drivers.
- Once it is done scanning, you will be presented with a list of drivers that need to be updated.
- Click Update all and this software will update all your missing drivers
Method 2. Download your network card driver from the manufacturer’s site. Using this method, you are required to
know the name and version of the computer you are using. This is because downloading a wrong driver can cause your device to malfunction. Most often the drivers are located in the support section of the site. Also, manufacturers create software which users can install on their computers which will notify them if their drivers are outdated and show them where to download the drivers.
Method 3. Download and update your drivers using Device Manager
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Device Manager from the pop-up menu. This will open the Device Manager dialog box
- Double-click on Network adapters to expand it. Here, you will see all the network devices which are installed on your PC
- Right-click on the one with a yellow triangle beside it and choose Update driver software
- Now, choose Search automatically for updated driver software in the next window
- Windows will now download the latest driver for your graphics card
Solution 4. Update your operating system
This is another way to fix the Dragon Ball FighterZ failed to initialize network error. Many people have confirmed that this solution worked for them. Use the following steps to update your operating system:
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Settings.
- Select Update and Security from the list of available options.
- Under the Windows Update tab, click the Check for updates button.
- Windows will now check and download the latest updates for your system.
- Once this is done, check if the issue with your game is resolved.
Solution 5. Perform a system restore
If the game was working fine and this error just occurred suddenly after some time, maybe you made some changes to your system that led to this error. In this case, you can perform a system restore. This process will revert your computer to a time when this error had not occurred and everything on your PC was working fine. This is a gold standard for errors whose cause are not known. You should not worry about your personal files and folders because this process will only revert the changes you made to system files and settings. For this process to work, you need to have created a restore point.
Use the following steps to restore your PC:
- Click the Start or Home button and type recovery in the search box.
- Select Recovery from the list of options available.
- In the Recovery dialog box, select Open System Restore.
- Click Next in the dialog box that appears to proceed.
- Now, select the date you wish to restore your computer to and click Next.
- Follow the wizard’s instructions to complete the restoration process
You can also restore your computer from the Choose an option screen during bootup. Use the following steps to do it:
- Click on the Start or Home button and select the gear icon to open Settings.
- Click on Update and Security from the available options.
- Click on Recovery on the left side of the window
- Select Restart now under the Advanced startup option
- Your computer will now restart into the Choose an option screen
- Now, navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore
- Follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the restoration process
We hope that article has given you the information you need. Share it with others who require such information.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions regarding the above topic.