Microsoft requires that you activate your Windows 10 before using it on your computer. The Activation Error Code 0xC004F035 in Windows 10 occurs when you try to activate Windows incorrectly or due to irregular entries in the Windows registry.
The error usually appears on branded computers from OEM, especially when trying to activate Windows Enterprise with KMS (Key Management Services) server or perform an upgrade from one Windows version to another.
What is Activation Error Code 0xc004f035?
When you receive the error message:
“Error Code: 0xc004f035
The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated with a Volume license product key. Volume licensed systems require upgrading from a qualified operating system. Please contact your system administrator or use a different type of key”
It means one of the following conditions is true:
- You’re trying to activate Windows using the Key Management Service Keys.
- Your computer uses an ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) and SLIC (Software Licensing) table in the computer BIOS program.
You’ll start seeing the error when Windows system files are damaged either due to an incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, incorrect deletion of a program or hardware, or a malware attack.
This may result in the deletion or corruption of Windows system files. The two main causes of the Activation Error Code 0xC004F035 are:
- You purchased a computer with a corrupted Windows marker in the BIOS
- Your computer does not have a qualifying Windows operating system installed, that is, the Windows marker is missing in the ACPI_SLIC table.
How to fix the Activation Error Code 0xc004f035 in Windows 10
1. Perform a System Restore
You can try to go back to the previous settings you were using before the Activation Error Code 0xc004f035 occurred by following these steps:
- Press the Windows Key, and type ‘system restore’.
- From the list of results, select “Create a restore point.”
- In the System Properties window, make sure the “System Protection” tab is selected.
- Click System Restore > Next.
- Select the most recent restore point that will undo the changes you made to your computer.
- Click “Scan for affected programs” to see which applications will be removed and restored.
- Click “Close” and then click “Next.”
- Click the Finish button to confirm the selected restore point.
These steps take your device back to a time when everything was working fine.
2. Check your system for malicious programs
A malware attack could corrupt Windows system files and lead to a system crash or errors such as the Activation Error Code 0xc004f035. To make sure your computer is safe from malware infections, you need to install a tool like Auslogics Anti-Malware.
This reliable software performs a thorough check on your computer to identify and neutralize threats that pose security issues. Additionally, Auslogics Anti-Malware scans your Windows registry and fixes corrupt or missing entries. A full system scan will ensure that your computer is running in a safe, secure, and stable environment.
3. Change your product key
You will require a valid Multiple Activation Key (MAK) or Retail key and a qualifying operating system license. Remember, Volume license can only be used for Windows upgrades and you need a genuine Windows license which you can purchase from Windows Store or contact the OEM from where you acquired your computer.