There are various reasons why you may need an AMD graphics card. Your computer’s entire visual display is relying on the graphics card that you are using and the way it is being treated by the driver. In this particular case, we are answering queries of users that hope to find the answer to a failed driver detection pertaining to their AMD graphics card. What you should know is the abbreviate that AMD stands for “Advanced Micro Devices” that run the graphics card.
If you are using the AMD graphics card with Windows 10, you might be the one who gets this kind of message in the prompt box: “AMD ccc failed to load detection driver”.
This type of problem occurs because you need to uninstall the drivers installed by Microsoft before you install the AMD Catalyst Drivers. It’s an easy fix if you know how to proceed with the uninstallation process and provided that you don’t run into any bugs during the execution of it.
So, here is a solution to the “how to get passed failed to load detection driver error” question:
- Step 1. Download the AMD Catalyst Install Manager from the official AMD website.
- Step 2. Update your operating system to its latest version. You can check the update status in Windows Update (Start>Settings>Update&Security).
- Step 3. Follow this pathway to get to Programs and Features: Start>Control Panel>Programs>Programs Features)
- Step 4. Right-click your AMD driver and select Change from the choice of two.
- Step 5. The AMD Installer will help you get rid of all the AMD driver leftovers that are hogging up the space and memory of your computer.
- Step 6. Uninstall all the unnecessary components to free up space for the new driver.
- Step 7. Manually update your driver. Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the correct version of the driver you need. Then follow the guidelines to install it on to your computer.
- Step 8. Restart your computer to make sure that the changes have taken place.
Although it’s not advisable to proceed with the manual driver update, it can be done. Of course, you would have to possess a significant number of computer skills to understand the undercurrents of the process of updating your drivers. Which is why we suggest using a special tool. If you are not particularly comfortable with manually updating and tweaking the performance of your computer, we recommend using Auslogics Driver Updater as an easy solution. It will not only perform a scheduled scan of your entire system but will automatically look for, download and install the necessary update versions for all of your drivers.