Do you experience the “EntryProtect has blocked this screen capture” error when you try to capture your screen? Many users, like you, who use the third-party security software have also reported the issue. While the tool works to keep your information protected, you might get frustrated when you’re taking a legitimate screen capture.
You don’t have to worry anymore if you’re plagued with this error message: we’ll show you how to fix the “EntryProtect has blocked this screen capture” error in this article.
How to Fix the “Entryprotect Has Blocked This Screen Capture” Error
There are different methods you can use to troubleshoot the “EntryProtect has blocked this screen capture” issue and fix it. They include:
- Changing AOL Desktop Gold settings
- Installing the less restrictive version of SafeNet Authentication Client
- Allowing the app through or Whitelisting it in your firewall
- Checking your firewall and antivirus
First Fix: Change AOL Desktop Gold Settings
By default, EntryProtect is enabled in AOL Desktop Gold to protect the information of users. However, if you don’t want the “EntryProtect has blocked this screen capture” error, you can disable the EntryProtect feature manually. You can do this only if you’re an administrator. Follow the steps below to disable the feature:
- Type “AOL desktop gold” in Cortana to launch the program.
- When it opens, click Edit in the top-left corner.
- Go to the Premium Security tab.
- Locate the Enable Screen Capture Protection option and uncheck it.
- Restart your PC and check if the problem occurs again.
If you’re not an administrator, make sure you contact the SafeNet support or system administrator to allow screen capture in your user environment.
Second Fix: Install the Less Restrictive Version of the SafeNet Authentication Client
The next solution is to install the less restrictive version of the SafeNet Authentication Client. The default version of the app comes with the EntryProtect feature that restricts screen capture, causing the “EntryProtect has blocked this screen capture” error to appear. By installing the less restrictive version of the security software, you’ll fix the issue. We’ll show you how to do this.
Before you install the less restrictive version, you have to remove the one already installed on your computer:
- Right-click the start button and select Control Panel in the WinX menu.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Now, search for the SafeNet Authentication Client, click it, and then click Uninstall just above the list.
Once you have uninstalled the program, insert the original SafeNet Authentication Client disc. You should find the less restrictive version of the software. Install that version and restart your computer. Launch the screen capture program to see if you solved the problem.
Note that you need administrator privileges to uninstall the program. If you’re not an administrator, contact your network or system administrator for support.
Third Fix: Allow/Whitelist the App through/in Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall might be blocking your screen capture program, which may result in your inability to take a screen capture. A good way to start solving the problem is by whitelisting the screen capture program in Windows Firewall. Follow these steps to do this:
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Type “Firewall” in the Find a Setting search box.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” in the left pane.
- Once the Allowed Apps window pops up, click Change Settings.
- Now, check the box next to the screen capture app to allow it. Also, check the boxes under Private and Public for the app.
- Save your changes by clicking Ok.
Fourth Fix: Check Your Firewall and Antivirus
If manually allowing the application through Firewall has no effect, you can temporarily turn off your Firewall and check if it works. Follow these steps to disable it:
- Open Control Panel.
- Type Firewall in the search box in the top-right corner of the window.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- On the left, click “Turn Windows Firewall on or off.”
- Click “Turn off Windows Firewall” under Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings.
Now, launch the screen capture program once the Firewall is off. If it doesn’t work, proceed to check your anti-virus.
Your Antivirus might come with a screen capture protection feature, which might preclude you from using the screen capture app. You can completely disable the anti-virus, but it’ll be wise to check if you can disable the screen capture protection feature in the settings first. If this doesn’t work, proceed to disable your anti-virus.
Simply disable your anti-virus program by right-clicking the taskbar and disabling it. You can also launch the anti-virus program and choose the “Turn Off” or “Disable” option.
Pro tip: Your anti-virus software protects you from all sorts of malicious programs and harmful software. Turning it off might expose you to risks. However, you can install Auslogics Anti-Malware and rest easy even when your anti-virus is turned off. The program is designed to protect your PC from harmful software without interfering with your anti-virus.
Share your comments with us below if you have ever encountered the “EntryProtect has blocked this screen capture” error.