Before we begin fixing the Create_Delete_Lock_Not_Locked BSOD, let’s expand on the type of error you are encountering since maybe it is not the last time you witness a BSOD. We will make sure you will not panic next time it occurs.
You see a Blue Screen of Death when your system encounters a fatal system error. This is because your system can no longer operate or cannot repair the problem and it has to restart to prevent any further damage to your hardware or software. The Blue Screen of Death occurs only in the Windows operating system. Other operating systems such as MacOS, Ubuntu, or Linux do not experience this issue.
We can say for certain that the BSOD is one of the most popular Windows errors. Many users can testify that they have experienced the problem at least once since they got a Windows computer. The Blue screen of Death has been present in almost all the versions of the Windows operating system.
What are the causes of the Blue Screen of Death?
- It could be a result of a bad hard disk or incompatible hardware.
- It can also be caused by overheating. So, when you encounter the error, make sure you are not overclocking your CPU and check the vents to see if they are blocked or very hot.
- The error can also be caused by poor cable connections.
- The BSOD can be caused by bad RAM. The Memory diagnostic tool can help you check for issues with your RAM.
- Viruses can also be a major contributing factor to why you are experiencing the BSOD.
- Damaged, corrupt, or missing system files are one of the top reasons why you could encounter the Blue Screen of Death.
- Missing, damaged, or corrupt drivers can also be a reason for the Blue Screen of Death.
In this article, we are going to show you how to resolve the create_delete_lock_not_locked blue screen error — we advise you to go through all the information provided here until you find the solution to your problem.
Whenever a Blue Screen of Death occurs, your computer restarts almost immediately, not giving you time to read the information about the error. The screen has valuable information which can help you determine the cause of the problem and give you an idea of how to solve it. To prevent your from restarting automatically, use the following steps:
- Click on the folder icon on the taskbar to open the File Explorer.
- Right-click on This PC and select Properties.
- In the next window, click on System protection on the left panel. This will open the System Properties window.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and click Settings under the Startup and Recovery option.
- In the next window, uncheck the Automatically restart box under the System failure option.
- Also, every time a BSOD error occurs, your system creates a minidump file. This file contains valuable info on the crash and can be used to determine what happened. To view this file, you need to copy the text which is in the Dump file box, then paste it in the address bar in File Explorer and press Enter. This will take you to the location of the file. You can now open and view the information or send the file to Microsoft.
Sometimes, when the Blue Screen of Death occurs, you will not be able to boot into Windows properly. Your computer will always restart when you are about to boot into the desktop. The Safe mode can help you boot into the desktop so that you can perform all of the solutions we will show you in this article. The steps are different in Windows 10 and 7:
- Once your computer has restarted more than 2 consecutive times, it will boot into the Startup Repair screen.
- Click Advanced options on the Startup Repair screen to open the Choose an option screen.
- Now, navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings, then click Restart.
- Your computer will now restart into the Startup Settings screen. There, you will have the option to start your computer in Safe Mode. Press the corresponding button on the keyboard to launch the option.
- Once your computer restarts, press the F8 button repeatedly until you get into the Advanced Boot options menu.
- Go down and highlight Safe Mode, then press Enter on your keyboard.
- This will enable you to get into Windows.
Table of Contents
- Make sure that all of your drivers are up to date
- Fix your Registry files
- Perform a full virus scan of your computer
- Restore your system to an earlier date
- Uninstall newly installed apps
- Check your system files, using the System File Checker
- Make sure that the Windows operating system is up to date
- Check the hardware connected to your computer
- Make sure that there are no issues with your disk
- Check your RAM
- Use the BSOD troubleshooter
Solution 1. Make sure that all of your drivers are up to date
Outdated, missing, or corrupted drivers can be one of the principal reasons why you are experiencing the Create_Delete_Lock_Not_Locked Blue Screen of Death error. Device drivers play an integral part in your computer’s wellbeing. They facilitate the movement of signals from the devices (hardware) to the operating system. If this communication is severed, your operating system will not function properly, leading to the Blue Screen of Death error. To fix this problem, you need to always keep your drivers up to date. We are going to show you the best ways to update your drivers:
Method 1. Download and install Auslogics Driver Updater
This is one of the best tools for the average Windows user to update their drivers. It is very fast and easy to use. You will be able to update all your drivers in just one click. This tool does not require you to know any extra information about the device whose driver you want to update. All your missing or outdated drivers will be updated to their latest manufacturer-recommended versions.
Method 2. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s site
You can also get your drivers directly from the manufacturer’s site. Although it is a reliable way to get things done, the biggest downside to this method is that you first need to know which of your drivers are outdated. You also need to know the name and version of a device to be able to update its driver. Without this information, you can easily download and install the wrong driver. This method is also time-consuming because you need to download and install the drivers manually. To solve this problem, manufacturers have created clients that, when installed on your computer, can detect missing or out-of-date drivers and direct you where to get the updated versions.
Method 3. Update your drivers using Device Manager
You can also update your drivers using the Device Manager. This is because this tool manages all the devices that are connected to your computer. Here is how to update your drivers:
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Device Manager.
- Right-click on the device whose driver you want to update and click Update driver.
- In the next dialog box, select the option which prompts you to download the driver from the internet.
- Windows will now download the best driver for your device.
Solution 2. Fix your Registry files
Problems with the Windows Registry can cause various issues on your PC, including the blue screen stop 0x00000014 error. Most often, the Windows Registry gets corrupted by a virus or a third-party app. The reason why this registry is such a big deal is that it stores information about all the files and settings on your computer. This means that an error there will cause issues in various sections of your system, which can eventually lead to the blue screen stop 0x00000014 error.
Trying to fix the registry manually is very risky and can cause serious damage to your computer. So, you need to back up the registry before making any changes to it. Here is how to back up your registry:
- Click the Start or Home button and input “regedit” in the search box. Now, press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Right-click on My computer and select Export.
- In the next window, choose a location for your backup and save it as a .reg file.
- You can access the file when you need it.
- Now, you can make changes to your Registry without restraint.
- In fact, it is easier to use a third-party Registry Editor such as Auslogics Registry Cleaner to eliminate all the errors within your Registry.
Solution 3. Perform a full virus scan of your computer
As we mentioned above, viruses can be a major contributing factor to why you are experiencing the blue screen stop 0x00000014 error. Viruses can affect different files in your system. That is why it is very important to have a powerful antivirus that will protect you from virus infections. We recommend that you download and install Auslogics Anti-Malware. This tool will prevent viruses from infecting your files and provide a safe environment for you to surf the internet. You can also schedule regular scans of your computer to eliminate any viruses that are lurking around. Also, the virus definition of this anti-malware is updated on a regular basis.
Solution 4. Restore your PC to an earlier date
System Restore works like a time machine. It has the power to revert the changes made to your system. It can send your computer back to a time when the changes had not occurred. That is the mechanism which it uses to fix errors. It is very effective for fixing errors of unknown origin. This tool will only affect system files and settings, and it will not touch your personal files. To use this tool, you need to have created restore points in the past. Do not be bothered if you have not created them because Windows automatically creates restore points when important changes occur in your system. Here is how to perform a system restore:
- Click on the Start or Home button and input recovery into the search box.
- Choose Create a restore point from the available results to open the System Properties window.
- Click System Restore under the System Protection tab, then click Next to proceed.
- You will now see a list of restore points in your system. Select the one created just before you started experiencing the blue screen stop 0x00000014 error.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the process.
- Once the system restore is complete, you will no longer experience the error.
Solution 5. Uninstall newly installed apps
Sometimes installed apps may be incompatible with your system and cause the blue screen stop 0x00000014 error. If you started experiencing the error after you installed a new app, it is advisable to uninstall the app and then check if the error has been resolved:
- Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features. Here you can uninstall the newly installed program.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the process.
- Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Look for the newly installed program and uninstall it.
- Press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Click on Apps, then scroll down and uninstall the newly installed program.
Solution 6. Check your system files, using the System File Checker
You can use the System File Checker to repair errors in your system files. It is also very effective in fixing the create_delete_lock_not_locked blue screen error. Here is how to use the System File Checker:
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Command Prompt (Admin) to run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- This tool will now scan your system files for errors and fix them.
- Once this is done, you should no longer experience the create_delete_lock_not_locked blue screen error.
Solution 7. Make sure that the Windows operating system is up to date
Windows updates contain fixes to many errors encountered in the Windows operating system. They also contain new features and driver updates. That is why we advise you to always keep your operating system up to date. Here is how to check for updates:
- Click on the Start or Home button and select the gear icon to open the Settings app.
- Click Update and Security from the list of options.
- Now, in the Windows update tab, click Check for updates.
- Windows should now search for the latest updates for your system and install them.
Solution 8. Check the hardware connected to your computer
If you have recently added any hardware to your computer, we suggest you disconnect it and restart your computer. Now, check if the error has been fixed. This is important because hardware incompatibility can also cause you to experience the create_delete_lock_not_locked blue screen error.
Solution 9. Make sure that there are no issues with your disk
We have also noticed that a corrupted hard disk can be one of the reasons why you are encountering the blue screen stop 0x00000014 error. Your hard disk can be destroyed due to improper shutdowns or viruses. You can check if there are errors in your driver, using the following method:
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Once the Command Prompt window opens, type chkdsk /f and press Enter.
- The chkdsk tool will scan your hard drive for errors and try to fix them.
- Once it is done, restart your PC and check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 10: Check your RAM
If your RAM is bad, you may encounter various issues with your PC, including the blue screen stop 0x00000014 error. To fix this problem, use the following steps to check your RAM for errors:
- Click the Start or Home button and type Windows Memory Diagnostics in the search box and press Enter.
- This will open the Windows Memory Diagnostic dialog box.
- Click on the first option. This will cause your computer to restart, and the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool will start checking your RAM for errors.
- If it finds errors, we recommend changing the RAM entirely.
Solution 11. Use the BSOD troubleshooter
Since the Blue Screen of Death is a very common error and lots of users have encountered it, Microsoft has created a built-in troubleshooter to help users fix the problem. Here is how to use the BSOD troubleshooter:
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Settings.
- Now, click Update and Security from the list of options available.
- Navigate to the Troubleshoot tab and select Blue Screen under the Find and fix other problems option.
- Now, click Run troubleshooter. Windows will find and try to fix the blue screen stop 0x00000014 error.
We hope that this article has shown you how to fix stop 0x00000014 errors. Share it with others who encounter such problems.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions regarding this topic.