For any user, it’s important to know the power usage details for their device. Those users that have Windows 10 installed can find this information in Task Manager. This feature was made visible in the October 2018 Update.
If you are having trouble with your computer working too slow, you should use Auslogics BoostSpeed to optimize your PC performance.
How to see a Windows process’s power usage details?
- Step 1. Right-click your taskbar and select “Task Manager”.
- Step 2. Open the Task Manager and select More details at the bottom of the window.
- Step 3. Enlarge your window.
- Step 4. Scroll to the right, you will see columns that show power usage.
- Step 5. If these options do not appear, you have not yet upgraded to the October 2018 Update.
How to control power usage on Windows 10?
The two most important columns are called “Power Usage” and “Power Usage Trend”. You should know what they mean if you want to learn how to control your power usage on Windows 10.
Power Usage shows you how much power the correlated process is using at the moment. Power Usage Trend will give you a perspective on how and where the power is dispersed. For example, a process can be using a lot of power at this given moment, but in general, it doesn’t use a lot of power.
The problem with the “Power Usage” and “Power Usage Trend” is that Windows does not give exact numbers here. You get only a rough idea of what your power usage may be. The only way to control your apps’ power usage is to see which ones are using the most of your battery power and to use them less. Here’s how:
- Step 1. Go to Settings > System > Battery
- Step 2. Click to see which apps are affecting your battery life.
This route is of course only available to users of laptops, you will not see this in your stationary PC. If you are interested in how to make your computer run faster, we suggest investing in a tool like Auslogics BoostSpeed.