3 stars - based on 1 reviews
Microsoft Application Error Reporting
dwwin.exe. What is it?
The dwwin.exe is a Microsoft Application Error Reporting. Sometimes it’s called Watson Client.
Dwwin.exe is developed by Microsoft Corporation. It’s a system and hidden file. Dwwin.exe is usually located in the %PROGRAM_FILES% sub-folder and its usual size is 180,224 bytes.
Dr Watson is a debugging utility that is provided with Microsoft Windows and mainly responsible for gathering error information related to programs used by Windows. Whenever an error occurred, this file is triggered and log that error in a text file. Dwwin.exe file may also be found as drwatson.exe or drwatson32.exe depending upon the operating system version.
Disable Dr Watson Utility?
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry key: KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug
NOTE: Steps three and four are optional, However, they are necessary if you want to restore the default use of Dr. Watson.
- Click the AeDebug key, and then click Export Registry File on the Registry menu.
- Type a name and location for the saved registry file, and then click Save.
- Delete the AeDebug key.
To enable Dr. Watson
- At a command prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER:
- Double-click the .reg file that you created in steps three and four that were discussed earlier.
For further information see the Microsoft link
Dwwin.exe is a safe file. However it is found other than the recommended path, it may be a suspecious file and immediately need to fix.
Author: Microsoft CorporationPart Of: Microsoft® Windows® Operating SystemCommon path(s): subfolder %PROGRAM_FILES%
Malware risk: Scan your PC for viruses and Trojans
Some viruses infect computers while disguised in the form of legitimate
files, like dwwin.exe. Run an antivirus scan to ensure your PC is clean and safe.
Registry Errors: Free scan (run Registry Cleaner)Uninstallation: N/A Uninstall (run Unistall Manager)Disk & Memory Usage: N/A Free scan (run Task Manager)