If you are trying to run Fortnite or any other game and you encounter the “Unsupported Graphics Card” message, do not panic because this is a common error, especially for Fornite players. This error occurs if you are having some issues with your graphics card. Also, one of the common causes that we have identified is that some users’ computers do not meet the minimum requirements to run Fortnite. In this article, we are going to show you how to fix the unsupported graphics card error in Fortnite.
Table of Contents
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run Fortnite.
- Enable your graphics card.
- Update your graphics card.
Solution 1. Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run Fortnite.
If your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for Fortnite, you may encounter this error. Here are the system requirements for Fortnite:
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Processor Core: i3 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Video Card: Intel HD 4000
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Processor Core: i5 2.8 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Video Card: Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU
- Video Memory: 2 GB VRAM
If you have been playing Fornite and you suddenly encounter the problem, then it is not an issue of system requirements. You need to try the other solutions.
Solution 2. Enable your graphics card.
If your graphics card is disabled, you will encounter this type of error. Most gaming computers come with two graphics cards installed. You need to make sure that the dedicated graphics card is enabled. To do this, use the following steps:
- Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Device Manager.
- Click on the arrow beside Display adapters to expand it. There, you will see the dedicated and integrated graphics cards. Right-click on the dedicated card and select Enable device.
- Once this is done, restart your PC and check if your issue is fixed.
Solution 3. Update your graphics driver.
Updating your graphics driver is one of the most effective methods to fix this problem. This is because missing or outdated graphics drivers often cause this error. We are going to show you how to do so:
Using Device Manager
Right-click on the Start or Home button and select Device Manager.
Double-click on Display adapters to expand it. Now, right-click on your graphics device and select Update driver.
In the next dialog box, select the option to download and install the driver from the internet.
Windows will search for the best device for your device and install it.
If it says the best one is already installed, that is okay. At times that happens. It does not always mean that your driver is up to date. It is just an indication that Windows could not find the latest driver.
Download and install Auslogics Driver Updater.
This is a very effective way to update not only your graphics driver but also all the drivers on your PC. It will scan your system for all the outdated or missing drivers and install their latest versions. Using this tool, you do not need to know any information about the devices. Auslogics Driver Updater does all the job for you.
Download the graphics driver from the manufacturer’s site
There are three main graphics card manufacturers, and we are going to show you how to update their device drivers:
The Integrated Intel graphics card comes already installed in most computers. So, it is very important to know how to install and update its drivers. You can either install the drivers manually or download the Intel client which will download and update all its drivers on your system.
Here is how to download and install your Intel graphics card manually:
- Go to your browser and search for “Intel Graphics Driver”.
- When the page opens, click on the first link. You will be directed to the official Intel website.
- Now, select your Intel processor, the type of download, and the operating system. If you do not know about your Intel product, then press the Windows logo key + R. Input dxdiag in the search box and press Enter. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Under the Display tab, you will find the name of your graphics card.
- Now, click on the appropriate display driver for your device and download it. Note that there you will find the executable and compressed version. Make sure you download the compressed version.
- Go to the download folder and extract the compressed file into a new folder.
- Right-click on the Start or Home button an select Device Manager.
- Now, go to Display adapters and expand it.
- Right-click on your Intel graphics driver and select Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and select Update Driver.
- In the next window, select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Next, select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers”.
- Click on the “Have Disk” button in the bottom right.
- Now, browse to the folder in which you extracted the zip file containing the drivers, then navigate to Graphics, select igdlhy64.inf, and then press the Open button.
- Select your Intel graphics driver, then press Next. Wait for the installation to complete.
- Close the Device Manager and restart your PC.
Download the Intel graphics driver, using the client:
Once you go to the Intel official support page for drivers and software, click on the Get started button under the Automatically update your drivers option. In the next page, click on the Download button to download the client. Once you download the client, install and run it. This will open the Intel Driver and Support Assistant in the web page. It will scan your PC for all the drivers that need updating and install the latest versions.
NVIDIA is a company that manufactures one of the most popular graphics devices for gaming. The best way to get the drivers is to download it from the NVIDIA official website.
- On the NVIDIA website, go to the Drivers menu and select All NVIDIA drivers.
- In the next page, you will have to choose your product type, product series, product, operating system, and language. Make sure you input all the information correctly because any wrong field can cause you to download the wrong driver.
- Once you have selected all the necessary details about your device, click Search. (Note that on this page, there is also an automatic downloading tool. That will search your computer and find exactly what drivers you need. To do this, click on the grey GRAPHICS DRIVERS button. It will direct you to the installation of the client which will help you solve the drivers problem.)
- You will now see the most recent driver for your device. Click Download.
- The file size is about 400 MG. The download can take a little while, depending on your internet connection.
- When the download is completed, go to the Download folder and run the setup file. This will bring up the NVIDIA install. Click AGREE AND CONTINUE.
- In the next window, select Custom (Advanced) and then select Next. If you don’t select Custom,all your previous settings will be saved, and if you were having issues with the old driver, they will not be resolved. In the Custom installation options page, check the Perform a clean installation box, then click Next.
- The installation of your graphics driver will begin. This process may take some time, depending on the speed of your computer.
- Once the installation is completed, restart your computer and check if the error has been fixed.
- Again, go to Google and type AMD driver. Click on the first link which is not an advertiser. You will be directed to the AMD official website. Here, you have the option to download the client which will automatically detect all the drivers you need and install them. You can do this by clicking on the Download now button under the Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver option.
- Under the Manually Select Your Driver option, you need to choose your product type, family, product, and operating system, then click DISPLAY RESULTS.
- In the next page, you will see the latest drivers for your graphics card. Click on the Download button beside the graphics driver and select the download folder.
- Now, go to the download folder and run the setup file. This will open the installer and extract all the files into your PC.
- Once everything is installed, the AMD driver software will open. Here you will have the option of Express or Custom installation. Choose the one that suits you. Usually, if you are new to this software, then choose the Express option.
- In the next window, you will see all the drivers which will be installed. Make sure that you check the AMD Display Driver box., then click Install. Be patient while the drivers are being installing. Once it is done, restart your PC and check if the error is resolved.
We hope that this article has helped you get rid of the Unsupported graphics card error message. Share it with others who encounter the same error.
We appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all your questions regarding the above topic.